There are some must-see summer spots in Rhode Island that we have seen visiting our PVD office. Did you know the Regan Communications Providence office is the oldest Regan location and has been around for almost 20 years?! In case you haven’t made it to the Ocean State yet, RCG Providence summer intern and Rhode Island native, Jenna Walsh, is here to share her must-see (and eat) spots in Little Rhody!
Things to eat:
- Gregg’s Restaurants- Gregg’s Restaurants is a Rhode Island landmark (and a RCG client!). Best known for their cakes and desserts, Gregg’s has a huge following of loyal fans who travel from all over to indulge in their goodies! Fun fact: Gregg’s was featured in People Magazine for having President Obama’s favorite cake!
- Antonio’s Pizza by the Slice – Another RCG client is a must east in Rhode Island! Best-known for their incredibly popular Amherst location, Antonio’s Pizza by the Slice also has locations in Providence and Pawtucket! The eatery is famous for their 20+ eclectic slice options including Avocado Quesadilla, Chicken Bacon Ranch, and Mexicana. Yum!
- Del’s – While exploring Rhode Island, you may stumble upon a Del’s frozen lemonade stand. No one can resist their refreshing frozen lemonade in the summer!
- Newport Creamery – Newport Creamery is famous not only for their ice cream, but also for their ‘awful awful’ drinks! The tasty treat is much better than any other ice cream drink you’ve had. I promise! #RIInsiderTip: every Monday, Newport Creamery offers a ‘buy one, get one deal’ for awful awful drinks.
Things to do:
- Newport – Newport is a popular summer attraction for all. The famous beach city is well-known for their beaches, restaurants, shopping and most importantly, the Cliff Walk. The picturesque path provides beautiful views of the ocean and Newport’s famous mansions. Once you’ve spent the day admiring the views, head over to Bellevue Ave for some shopping! RCG client, Marc Allen Fine Clothiers, is a must visit!
- WaterFire Providence – Every weekend in the summer, Providence hosts WaterFire, an event that takes place in downtown Providence along the river. Fires are set up in the water while boats with musicians and dancers float up and down. It is truly a beautiful sight!
- See a show at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center – The Dunkin’ Donuts Center is home to almost every major event in Rhode Island. It houses everything from Providence College basketball games to famous singers like Carrie Underwood. If you’re in the area Columbus Day weekend, stop by the Dunk to see all your favorite Disney characters at Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream show! #RCGClient
- Spend the day at the beach – Rhode Island has some of the best beaches in the country! Two of my personal favorites are Matunuck Beach and Narragansett Beach. Both are quite popular so remember to arrive early to get a good spot!